Services of Alternative Home Care in Elkins, WV
HOME CARE OVERVIEW
The Aged and Disabled Waiver (ADW) Program is a home and community based program that provides care in the home. In order to qualify for this program, you must have the same needs as someone living in a nursing home. But choosing the ADW Program, you are choosing to receive services at home and community activities such as doctor appointments, grocery shopping, etc. As a member of the ADW Program, you will be assigned a Level of Care that determines the hours of service you can receive each month. Medical and financial eligibility must be re-determined every year.
Our Agency provides you with a Registered Nurse (RN) and a Homemaker. The RN supervises your homemaker and:
- Makes sure the homemaker has training
- Makes sure the homemaker passes a criminal background check
- Works with you to develop a Plan of Care that tells the homemaker how to help you
- Assesses and updates your Plan of Care at least every six months or when your needs change
OTHER HOME HEALTH SERVICES
- Help with bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Help with moving from bed to chair or wheelchair
- Help with walking or using a wheelchair
- Help with toileting needs like changing pads or diapers
- Meal preparation in advance for you to heat up later
- Laundry, Transportation, and Medication reminders
PERSON CENTERED PLANNING
The services that you receive are based on YOU and your assessed needs. Do people listen to you? Do you have choices? Do your services meet your unique needs? These are important things to discuss with your Case Manager.
Our Agency will provide you with a Case Manager who will help you. He/she is responsible for:
- Arranging Waiver and other services to meet your needs such as ordering medical equipment and supplies, setting up home-delivered meals, and more.
- Calling you each month to see if your needs have changed and to make sure your current services are meeting your needs.
- Making visits to your home at least every 6 months.
- Helping with your yearly medical and financial eligibility.
Contact Alternative Home Care in Elkins, WV
7 Days a Week,
and 14 Years of Experience!